Director of MIS/Technology
Phone: (352) 486-5231 x2062
Coordinator of Technology
Phone: (352) 486-5231 x2046
Coordinator of Technology
Phone: (352) 486-5231 x2026
Phone: (352) 486-5231 x2066
Phone: (352) 493-3026
Phone: (352) 507-2410
Secretary to Director of MIS/Technology
Phone: (352) 486-5231 x
Beginning on March 1, 2020, any technology or technology related purchases from all funding sources, (internal, schoolhouse, lottery and/or other district funds including grant funding), should follow the steps noted below. These procedures are intended to ensure you are purchasing compatible products at the best price, and that there is some consistency within the district in terms of models that may need support and repair.
1. Review Levy District Preferred Technology List available on the district Classlink at the following location: School Network/LCSD Forms/Finance Forms. Prices noted on this list are estimates. The lists are subject to change as prices and models change. For a specific quote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org (include all three). Include in the email where you intend to connect/use these devices in your school, and if they need network connectivity. This will allow the IT department to confirm that the existing network and technology infrastructure can support these devices. They will let you know if that is a problem. Items purchased from the Levy District Preferred Technology List need no further approvals beyond this. Make a note on the PO that they are from the District Preferred Technology List.
2. For technology hardware items that are not on the District Approved Technology List, please email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com (include all three) to request approval of the purchase. Include details regarding: (1) who will be using the device(s) and for what, (2) where they will be located, (3) what funding source will be used to purchase the device, (4) and whether it will require connection to our district network. The IT department will review the request and confirm that it is compatible with our network and technology infrastructure, and email you back with approval, request for clarification, or denial.
3. As part of approval for items falling under #2 above, IT will confirm that existing the quote is appropriate (if one is provided), or will provide a quote, if needed. School Confidential Secretaries shall retain the email approval, and shall note the date and initials of who approved of the purchase in the P.O.
4. For technology software license purchases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org (include all three) to request approval of the purchase. Include details regarding: (1) who will be using the software, (2) who will manage it, (3) what funding source will be used for the purchase, (4) system requirements, (5) and which devices will be used to run it.
5. Video cameras shall follow a separate process. All requests for purchase and/or installation of video surveillance cameras shall start by contacting Frankie Lamb (email@example.com). He will provide a form for you to complete that a district team will review and approve/deny. A large number of camera models are banned by the federal government due to ties with Chinese firms know to participate in espionage activities, and most require network connectivity, so locations and models must be carefully reviewed. Items in FFSAT reports shall be given priority.
6. Technology purchases that will require Maintenance to install or which require integration with our school district network shall be delivered to the district receiving facility for subsequent distribution to schools. No direct deliveries shall be permitted for items of this class. This is to help us maintain an accurate inventory.